2019 Eligibility & Requirements
Antonakos Foundation (the “Foundation”) anticipates awarding up to $10,000 in scholarships in 2019. The Foundation intends to set the number of actual scholarships and the amount of an individual scholarship based on a consideration of certain factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the scholarship recipients and any other relevant factors. This scholarship is for high school seniors and students who plan to attend a college or university in the United States as a freshman during the 2019-20 academic year. Applicants should have demonstrated outstanding personal achievements, including academic merit, athletic merit, leadership qualities and/or community service.
To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant is required to:
- Be currently enrolled as a high school senior in Greenville County, SC in good standing; and anticipate enrolling at a U.S. accredited college/university in the 2019-2020 academic year as a freshman.
- Submit at least two confidential evaluation forms and reference letters, one set of which must be from a current or former teacher in an academic subject.
- Submit a personal statement as further described in this packet.
- Have applied to a U.S. college/university either full-time or substantial part-time, and plan to enroll in a minimum of two terms for the school year (verified by submitting a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university as soon as such acceptance letter is available).
- Submit to interviews in person or by phone, if requested.
Download and complete the form below to submit your application.